As a twenty-something, I have been hyper-focused on creating habits and rituals that will set me up for success. I don’t know about you, but it can be easy to become overwhelmed by the many things I want to achieve. I have been navigating a multitude of new situations and a common theme of embracing the unknown. The Goal-setting has helped me stay grounded and follow through on my never-ending to-do list. Here are some of the tricks that I have implemented within my own life to stay motivated and achieve my goals.
“May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.” ~ Psalm 20:4
💫 Write down your goals
– getting clear on what you want is super important. Creating the space to write down what you aspire to create sets the foundation for action.
💫 Take small steps everyday
– It can be easy to get overwhelmed when setting goals. Breaking the goal into smaller action steps allows for daily progress
💫 Reflect and adjust
– Create space to see where you are succeeding and where you are struggling. This will allow you to improve your habits.
💫 Capitalize your strengths
– focus on your strengths. Use them to help you progress. If you are good at organizing but tend to procrastinate, write down all of your goals and set times to complete each step.
💫 Find ways to combat your weaknesses
– If you don’t enjoy being on your computer, connect with something you do enjoy. Associate it with a warm drink or time spent near your pets. If you find your phone distracting, turn on do not disturb or leave it in another room.
💫 Find motivation
– Focus on your why. What is inspiring you to achieve this goal. Think about this every morning when you wake up and allow you to inspire you every day.