Happy Mindful Monday; this week’s journal prompts for mental health focus on how to detox from social media.
Even busy bees, stop and smell the flowers 🐝☯️🌼
Associating a goal with this desire for a digital detox allows you to begin taking small steps and adjusting the habits that are making it difficult to achieve this digital detox goal. You can learn more about goal setting here.
Journal Prompt Questions for Mental Health and the Impact of Social Media
- Do you feel the need to check your phone as soon as you wake up?
- Do you use social media to work or to procrastinate?
- Will limiting your time on social media increase or decrease your productivity?
- Do you struggle between enjoying and documenting the moment?
- Do you get anxious when you post a photo?
- Does the way you use media affect your mental health?
If you answered yes to 3 or more of these questions, it may be time for a social media detox!
How to Detox from Social Media
- Set a goal
- Look at your screen time and determine which apps are consuming most of your time
- Create time limits on your phone. This can be a downtime away from your phone entirely or choosing to limit the time on specific apps.
- You can learn how to do this here.
- Set reminders for certain app
- Delete certain apps that consume your time
- Once you begin to limit your time: pay attention to what triggers you to check your phone
- Make a list of other activities that you can engage in when you are pressured to check your phone
Let me know your thoughts!
I believe social media can be an amazing tool to connect with others and obtain knowledge. Spending time away from social media always helps clear my mind. I am grateful for human connection in person and through social media. However, I’ve been consciously setting boundaries on screen time to make sure I create a healthy balance between enjoying the presence of those around me and enjoying the connections I have made on social media. I’m always looking for balance and making adjustments to my daily habits to work towards optimal wellness.
From how to digital detox to other everyday tips and trick for optimal mental health, follow me here.