World Mental Health Day creates the space to openly discuss mental health without stigma. Journal prompts help clarify individual needs. As a result, clarity on individual needs can provide insight on global concerns and allow for action steps to ensure optimal wellness for everyone. Each year there is a theme that allows for the ability to focus on a concerns that is prevalent at that moment. For example, having a simple goal has been shown to decreases the likeliness of depression. This is why goal setting journal prompts are a powerful way to begin prioritizing your mental health. Furthermore, journal prompts are a form of self-care, allowing you to determine what resources you have that can improve your well-being.
This year the focus for World Mental Health Day is:
Make mental health and wellbeing for all a global priority
To me, mental health should be a priority before it escalates into something that requires intervention. By prioritizing simple habits to optimize your well-being, one is able to lessen the impact of overwhelming situations. I am firm believer that implementing simple and affordable habits on an individual level creates global wellness. Below I provided six easy ways to improve your mental health:
Ways to Prioritize Mental Health
- Take time to determine your goals and how to achieve them: this creates clarity.
- Nourish your body: Medicinal mushrooms are a form of immune support that provides many benefits ranging from anxiety relief to immune support. Click here to learn more!
- Create space for self-care: Determine what fills your cup and incorporate that into your schedule. This can be as as simple as a warm drink.
- Morning Routine: having a morning routine in place can provide the space to incorporate simple tasks that set the foundation for your day.
- Journal: his allows for you to reflect and release any emotions that are remaining trapped.
- Make time for different forms of rest: there are several forms of rest. This includes physical rest, mental rest, social rest, spiritual rest, sensory rest, emotional rest, creative rest). It is important to make sure all components of rest are fulfilled.
A bonus!! Gratitude allows you to find happiness in what you currently have
This weeks journal prompt focuses on prioritizing your mental health:
- What three simple things make you feel happiness?
- What helps you stay motivated when you are discouraged?
- How do you prioritize self-care?
If you are looking for ways to improve your mental health, I encourage you to implement these activities. If someone needs guidance and comes across your path, share this with them! Anyone can be an activist. It takes a willing soul to spread some sunshine on a cloudy day!
Leave a Reply