Happy #MindfulMonday. This week we focus on creative rest.
Over the last few weeks, I’ve been focusing on the seven different forms of rest. When you think of rest? What do you imagine? Typically, most people think of sleep but it’s so much more than that. Check out the links below to learn more.
The Different Types of Rest
There are seven types of rest. If you haven’t had a chance, click here to determine what kind of rest you need!
- Week One: I focused on the importance of solitude. You can read more about that here.
- Week two: I focused on the two different types of physical rest. You can read more about that here.
- Week three: I focused on emotional rest. You can read more about that here.
- Week four: I focused on spiritual rest. You can read more about that here.
- Week five: I focused on Social Rest. You can read more about that here.
Creative rest allows us to refill our soul with the things that light us up. This gives us a break from societal pressure to release our emotions in a productive and healthy way, including but not limited to spending our time in nature. When we engage in creative rest, we disconnect from our to-do list and truly immerse ourself in a creative endeavor without attaching any form of productivity to the situation. Have you ever noticed that as soon as you free yourself from consistent work and immerse yourself in nature, you are suddenly welcomed with a multitude of creative ideas. This is no coincidence. You really needed the space to escape into calmness. Ask yourself these questions.
Creative Rest Journal Prompts
- What can I do to disconnect from my daily routine?
- How can I express myself creatively
- What form of nature brings me the most peace?
Examples of Ways to Achieve Creative Rest
- Time at the beach
- Spending time surrounded by God’s creation
- Any situation that allows you to detach from everyday worries
I have some exciting news coming soon! Keep up to date by subscribing below!
I would love to hear your thoughts! Do you feel rested? How do you achieve creative rest?